Free School Meals
Registering for Free School Meals
Registering for free meals could raise extra school funding to provide valuable support to your child or young person. Previously the additional funding received for pupils eligible for free school meals funded lunchtime clubs, additional sports coaching and extra teaching and learning support staff.
This additional money is available from central government for every child/young person whose parent is receiving one of the welfare benefits listed below. It is therefore important to sign up for free school meals, even if your child is in reception, year 1 or year 2, so that your child/young person’s school receives as much funding as possible.
You may be entitled to Free School meals if:
- Your family receives Income Support or Income-Based Job Seekers allowance. Please note, Contribution-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance does not qualify for free school meals.
- Your family receives the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Your family receives Child Tax Credit and has an annual taxable income, as assessed by
HMRC, not in excess of £16,190.
- Please note, families who are also awarded Working Tax Credit do not qualify to claim free
school meals regardless of income.
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related). Please note, Contribution-Based
E&SA does not qualify for free school meals.
Full details of the qualifying criteria and how to claim are available via the following link:
Apply for Free School Meals
You are responsible for providing your child or young person’s lunch until the outcome of any claim is determined. Claims will not be backdated so please claim early to ensure your entitlement.
To discuss entitlement, please call: 01926 742060 (9.00am – 5.00pm, Mon – Thurs, 9.00am – 4.30pm, Fri).
If you would like help to apply, please contact the Pastoral Team.